Welcome to Sebring, Florida, the heart of Florida’s golfing scene. With over 13 golf courses in the area, Sebring offers golfers of all skill levels a chance to experience the thrill of the game surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty. However, with golf courses come wildlife sightings, particularly alligators. In this guide, we’ll explore the best golf courses in Sebring, as well as provide tips on staying safe in alligator country.
The Best Golf Courses in Sebring
- The Country Club of Sebring: Known for its challenging layout, this course is perfect for experienced golfers looking for a challenge. With fast greens and undulating fairways, this course is sure to test your skills. The Country Club of Sebring also offers a pro shop and restaurant on-site for a complete golfing experience.
- Sun ‘N Lake Golf Club: With two championship courses, Deer Run and Turtle Run, Sun ‘N Lake Golf Club is a must-visit for any golfer in Sebring. The courses are surrounded by beautiful nature preserves, making it a stunning backdrop for a round of golf.
- Highlands Ridge Golf Club: Known for its pristine fairways and fast greens, Highlands Ridge Golf Club is a favorite among locals and visitors alike. With two courses to choose from, the North and South courses, this club offers a unique golfing experience with stunning views.
Staying Safe in Alligator Country
While golfing in Sebring can be a beautiful experience, it’s important to stay safe in alligator country. Alligators can be found in lakes and ponds around many of the golf courses in Sebring. Here are some tips for staying safe:
- Keep your distance: Alligators are typically not aggressive unless provoked. Keep a safe distance of at least 30 feet from alligators on the golf course.
- Don’t feed the wildlife: Feeding alligators is illegal and can cause them to become aggressive towards humans.
- Watch where you step: Alligators often hide in tall grass or under bushes, so be aware of your surroundings.
- If you see an alligator: If you see an alligator on the golf course, alert the staff immediately. Do not approach the alligator or try to remove it yourself.
Sebring, Florida, is a golfer’s paradise. With its stunning natural beauty and challenging courses, it’s no wonder why so many people flock to this area to play golf. However, it’s important to remember that alligators can be found in the area, and golfers should take precautions to stay safe. By following our tips and recommendations, you can have a safe and enjoyable golfing experience in Sebring. Book your tee time today and get ready to experience the best golfing Sebring has to offer.